Who doesn’t love a good weekend brunch? I know I do! Inevitably, sometimes we’re not able to make it out to our favorite brunch spots. When this happens, I like to prepare my own healthier version in our kitchen at home. Today I’m sharing with you my favorite brunch recipe to make– a healthy spin on blueberry waffles that are grain & gluten free.
2/3 cup Coconut Flour
1/2 cup Fresh Blueberries
2 tbsp Coconut Oil
1/2 cup water (to thin)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
Toppings (if desired)
1/2 cup Sliced Strawberries
1/4 cup Maple Syrup
1 tbsp Almond Butter
- Combine flour, eggs, coconut oil, salt, vanilla & cinnamon.
- Place mixture into a high speed blender & make sure that it is fully blended. The batter should be free of clumps.
- The mixture will likely be a little thick due to the consistency of the flour. Add 1/2 cup of water and mix thoroughly to thin out the batter.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of blueberries.
- Pour batter into waffle maker.
- Once fully cooked, top with sliced banana, strawberries, almond butter, maple syrup or whatever other toppings you enjoy.