Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and should never be skipped. However, we all lead busy lives. Who wants to get up earlier in the morning to make breakfast? I don’t know about you, but I would rather stay in bed ten extra minutes. What if I told you it was possible to have your cake and eat it too? Well, it is. The solution here is simple: overnight oats.
Overnight oats can be prepped the night before and left in the fridge until you wake up in the morning. All you need to do in the morning is add any toppings, stir and you’re ready to go! Quick and simple. There are a ton of variations of overnight oats but my favorite is a spin-off I created from a recipe over at Oh She Glows.
3/4 cup vanilla almond milk
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
1/3-1/2 cup oats with pumpkin seeds, chia and hemp seeds (you can find this at Trader Joe’s)
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tbsp maple syrup + extra, to taste
optional toppings or mix ins: 1/2 banana, almond butter, greek yogurt
- Mix together oats, spices, chia seeds, maple syrup and almond milk
- Add the pumpkin puree and thoroughly mix
- Let sit in the fridge overnight
- In the morning, mix the extra maple syrup in until it is all blended together.
- For a parfait style treat, layer oats with banana and almond butter and repeat until you reach the top of your mason jar.
Enjoy your delicious and stress free breakfast!